Covering: Federal, Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia
KEYNOTE SPEAKER –
CEO, EPA Victoria
Presenters include –
Steve Beaman, NSW EPA | Glen Brown, QLD EHP | Con Lolis, EPA Victoria | Tony Circelli, EPA SA
Gabrielle Guthrie, Lander & Rogers | Jackie Wright, Environmental Risk Sciences | Nick Harford, Equilibium
Presented by the Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
In association with
Proud Principal Sponsor – Lander & Rogers law firm
A number of significant changes to environmental laws and requirements are expected to take effect in 2014 that will impact industry, business and councils across Australia.
This important Seminar will focus on the changes to environmental laws, industry obligations and requirements, as well as funding opportunities expected within the next 12 months. The Seminar will focus on the Federal, Victorian, New South Wales, Queensland and South Australian jurisdictions.
The Seminar will provide a regulatory, legal and industry perspective to assist you in understanding IF, HOW and WHEN change should be implemented within your business operations.
The aim of the Seminar is to have you at the forefront of your environmental obligations and funding opportunities across these jurisdictions – to assist you to plan ahead!
The Seminar will provide ample networking with presenters and delegates during morning and afternoon teas and lunch.
The Program will include:
- KEYNOTE SPEAKER: John Merritt – CEO, EPA Victoria
- Changes, new initiatives and directions expected by EPA Victoria in 2014
- Paddy Spruce – Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
- Tina Khoury – CEO, Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
- Introductions and overview of the day
- Gabrielle Guthrie – Senior Assoc., Lander & Rogers Lawyers
- Federal (Commonwealth) changes to environmental laws and requirements expected in 2014
- Packaging Waste Review – the outcomes of the Federal Government’s Packaging Waste Review
- Dru Marsh – Lawyer, Lander & Rogers Lawyers
- A legal perspective of the changes and implications to business
- Jackie Wright – Director, Environmental Risk Sciences (EnRiskS)
- National Environment Protection (Assessment of Contaminated Sites) Measure amendment 2013 – its implementation in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia
- Nick Harford – Managing Director, Equilibrium OMG
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES: Federal and across all States
- Con Lolis – Manager, Major Investigations, EPA Victoria
- Your organisations environmental responsibility – leadership actions for Company Directors and managers.
Please note: This is a new guideline released by EPA Victoria and is of importance to your business.
- Tim Eaton – Manager, Development Assessments, EPA Victoria
- Approvals Reform –
- An update on the significant reform work undertaken by EPA Victoria around the management of Works Approvals. EPA Victoria has completed work in developing a more effective and efficient approvals process, covering –
- Licence Approvals
- Works Approvals
- Research, Development and Demonstration (RD&D) Approvals
- Emergency or Commissioning Approvals, and
- Best Practice Guideline
- Scott McFarlane – Manager, Environmental Audit, EPA Victoria
- Audit Reform
- EPA Victoria is reforming aspects of its Environmental Audit system, introducing a risk based approach
- Jerome Fakhry – Senior Waste Policy Officer, EPA Victoria
- Energy from Waste (EfW) Guidelines
– In line with Victoria’s Waste Policy, this new guidance provides high level of guidance for stakeholders on the siting, design, construction and operation of facilities converting waste to energy
New South Wales
- Steve Beaman – Director Waste and Resource Recovery, EPA NSW
- New directions, initiatives and priorities of EPA NSW
- Compliance obligations and the changes expected in 2014
- NSW’s new waste strategy for 2013-21 –
- NSW draft Waste Avoidance & Recovery Resource (WARR) Strategy – How will it impact you and your business –
- Waste Avoidance
- Reduction of Waste
- Landfill Waste Diversion
- Waste Management
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plans (PIRMPs) – update on requirements for preparing and implementing PIRMPs
- New Illegal Waste Disposal Act 2013 – how it will apply to business
- Asbestos waste…
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES: NSW Waste Less, Recycle More: Waste and Resource Recovery Initiaitive
- Glen Brown – Executive Director, Environmental Performance & Co-ordination, Environmental Services & Regulation Division, QLD Dept of Environment & Heritage Protection (EHP)
- Changes to Qld environmental laws and requirements, including –
- New developments, initiatives, reporting requirements and funding opportunities expected over the next 12 months for businesses in Queensland
- Tony Circelli – Deputy Chief Executive, EPA SA
- New environmental obligations expected of business in 2014
- and more…
The Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN) together with Proud Principal Sponsor, Lander & Rogers Lawyers, will provide approx. 1.30 hours of networking opportunity with presenters and delegates during AEBN’s networking refreshment breaks.
For enquiries, please contact the Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN) National Office on +61 3 9397 2511.
**The AEBN reserves the right to alter any part of the program and presenters, should it be necessary.**