Scroll down for Program and Details
Presented by the
Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
NEW Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail edition 7.5 (ADG7.5) – Released December 2016
INTRODUCTORY LEVEL WORKSHOP – AM Half Day, 9 MARCH 2017
The Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN) has developed the Introductory Level to Dangerous Goods Storage, Handling and Transport Workshop to bring you up to speed with Dangerous Goods (Storage, Handling) Regulations, requirements and your obligations for businesses with operations in Victoria, including transport requirements.
The Workshop is designed for personnel who have a basic and general understanding of the storage, handling and transport of Dangerous Goods in Victoria; and personnel requiring a refresher course to ensure you are up to date with the changes.
As each state has different Dangerous Goods laws and requirements, this Workshop will cover – the 9 Classes of Dangerous Goods; Safety Data Sheets (SDS); Dangerous Goods labelling with Globally Harmonised System (GHS) labelling, discussion on the new Code of Practice for Storage and Handling of Dangerous Goods and much more.
The Workshop is designed for personnel who have a basic and general understanding of the storage, handling and transport of Dangerous Goods in Victoria.
Please note: Organisations have an obligation to ensure they are up to date and compliant with dangerous goods laws and that staff receive appropriate training. The AEBN recommends that staff receive refresher training every 2 to 3 years, and certainly when changes are introduced.
- The NEW Australian Code of the Transport for Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail Edition 7.5 (ADG7.5)
- Dangerous Goods labelling and Globally Harmonised System (GHS) labelling
- An overview of the Dangerous Goods (Storage & Handling) Regulations
- Chain of responsibility and safety obligations for manufacturers, occupiers, loaders, transferors, etc. Understanding the terminology, such as Proper Shipping Name, Class, Subsidiary Risk, Packing Group, UN Number, HAZCHEM Code and more
- 9 Classes of Dangerous Goods from ADG7.5
- Classifications of Dangerous Goods
- The incompatibilities within Classes and their hazards
- Discussion on the Code of Practice for Storage and Handling of Dangerous Goods
- Changes to Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Sources of information.
- It is highly recommended that delegates that wish to attend the Intermediate Level to Dangerous Goods Storage, Handling and Transport Workshop (that follows immediately after the Introductory Level Workshop) are to have a sound understanding of the information covered in this Workshop – Introductory Level Workshop, such as the – 9 Classes of Dangerous Goods from ADG7 and much more.
- The Victorian Workshop will cover the Federal and Victorian laws and requirements.
- The NSW Workshop will cover the Federal and NSW laws and requirements.
- If attending the Introductory Level and Intermediate Level to Dangerous Goods Storage, Handling and Transport Workshops, Lunch will be provided for you.
- A comprehensive set of course notes will be provided to all delegates on the day.
The workshop will provide the opportunity to network with delegates and presenters during AEBN’s Networking Morning Tea.