Please scroll down for Program and Details
Presented by the
Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
In association with
Proud Workshop Partners
V & C Environmental Consultants AND Guthrie Legal
Are you confident that you can demonstrate compliance to the Environment Regulators?
With the ongoing focus of strict compliance by Environment Regulators across Australia, including with the new Victorian Environment Protection Act, it is imperative that organisations understand their obligations and are able to effectively demonstrate compliance to the Regulators.
This includes consideration of the expectations on businesses that relates to the expected 2020 commencement of the new Victorian Environment Protection Act
The Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN) together with the experts and former Regulator have developed this practical half day Workshop to provide you with the tools and procedures to enable you to demonstrate compliance with obligations, and will take you through how compliance is managed across states/territories.
GABRIELLE AND VIC to confirm the presentations will cover the requirements of the new Act.
- Legal framework –
- Understanding environmental laws –
- Source of law: Federal, State, Local laws and common law
- Managing compliance across all states and territories
- Who are the environmental Regulators?
- What are the key laws relating to Pollution, Water, Contamination, Waste, Noise, Biodiversity and Climate Change?
- Sanctions and penalties
- Where to find environmental laws
- Legal considerations before embarking on compliance audits
- Legal professional privilege – What is it? How does it apply? When does it apply?
- Voluntary environmental audits
- Examine case studies of the pitfalls experienced by businesses
- What does compliance mean and why comply?
- Compliance versus conformance?
- What do you need to comply with?
- How do we achieve compliance?
- Identify legisation for each activity, product and service
- Developing controls to meet compliance obligations
- How do we ensure we are complying and continue to comply?
- How do you know you are in “compliance”?
- Monitoring compliance
- Correcting non-compliance
- Not only complying, but the ability to “demonstrate” compliance
- Maintaining compliance records
- Group discussion of Key Outcomes.
- Facilitator: Tina Khoury – CEO Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
- Vic Natoli – Director, V & C Environmental Consultants
- Gabrielle Guthrie – Principal, Guthrie Legal
A comprehensive set of course notes will be provided to all delegates as well as the opportunity to Network with presenters and delegates during AEBN’s Networking refreshment breaks (morning tea and lunch).