Scroll down for Program and Details
Presented by the Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
In association with
Proud Principal Sponsor – Minter Ellison Lawyers
Proud Workshop Partner – WSP
Improve the Environmental and Safety performance of your Business – by developing and improving Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
To improve the Health, Safety and Environmental outcomes of your organisation, this one day Workshop has been developed to step you through the process to develop and improve effective systems to manage your organisation’s health, safety and environmental risks, through either –
- stand-alone systems, or
- the integration of Health and Safety, and Environmental Management Systems into one system.
This one day Workshop will focus on the fundamentals for the development and improvement of Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems for your business.
- How mature is your management system?
- Self-evaluation on how mature your management system is – this is to act as a health check
- Discussion on system maturity
- Introduction to management system frameworks – various models explained
- ISO 14001
- AS/NZS 4801
- OSHAS 18001
- Key elements of EHS legislation that should be incorporated into a management system that assists organisations to meet their legal obligations and manage risk
- Legal perspective – Common failings of organisations when developing management systems and how this may be avoided
- Case studies where organisations have developed less than satisfactory systems that have resulted in prosecution
- Examine case studies of the pitfalls experienced by organisations
- Aspects and Legal Registers –
- Are they working for you, not against you, an
- What makes them effective
- What does a good management system look like?
- Creating an effective management system
- What information do you need?
- Who needs to be consulted?
- What system framework is best for your organisation?
- An auditor’s perspective on reviewing the effectiveness of management systems
- Tips on what experienced auditors look for
- Workshop Exercise – How good is my system?
- Self assessment of your system based on learning outcomes
- What improvements can I make?
- Integrated management systems – pros and cons
- Where to from here – personal action plan
- Facilitator – Tina Khoury, CEO Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
- Jillian Button – Senior Associate, Minter Ellison Lawyers
- Yin Chim – Technical Director – Environment, Health and Safety, WSP
- Michael Brittliff – Associate Director – Environment, Health and Safety, WSP
The workshop will provide the opportunity to network with presenters and delegates at AEBN’s Networking Morning and Afternoon Teas and Lunch.
A comprehensive set of course notes will be provided to all delegates.